I want to get a divorce, and I have a one month old child. I currently live with my wife in Berkeley Ca but I want to move out and move to Napa Ca. How will that affect my child custody, child support etc. Also If I move to Napa County can I file for divorce in Napa County or do I have to come back to Alameda County? If I am able to file in Napa County, would the court proceedings take place in Napa?
A Family attorney in the United States is a lawyer who assists clients with civil legal matters, such as "child custody", "alimony", "domestic violence" or "divorce" cases. The "family law" candidate should have at least 2 years of family law experience. These experiences may include divorce proceedings as well as child custody and counseling. Browse our database of family lawyers and get a free family law consultation.
- Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships (domestic violence)
- Adoption and surrogacy
- Child abuse and child abduction (child custody, child care)
- The termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards
- Juvenile adjudication
- paternity testing and paternity fraud
- more about family law at wikipedia