My son's mother, has multiple assault charges. One with a deadly weapon, two against me. In the most recent one last Tuesday, she followed me to work. She assaulted not only me but my sister as well. I have video of the incident, and plenty of witnesses. After she got booked in, she also had a dangerous drug charge. I'm worried, she's going to show up while I'm at work and take him. Any advice would be much appreciated.
A Family attorney in the United States is a lawyer who assists clients with civil legal matters, such as "child custody", "alimony", "domestic violence" or "divorce" cases. The "family law" candidate should have at least 2 years of family law experience. These experiences may include divorce proceedings as well as child custody and counseling. Browse our database of family lawyers and get a free family law consultation.
- Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships (domestic violence)
- Adoption and surrogacy
- Child abuse and child abduction (child custody, child care)
- The termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards
- Juvenile adjudication
- paternity testing and paternity fraud
- more about family law at wikipedia