Skip to main content

Child Custody - child support order against me in California

Location: San Diego  |  Law type: Child & family lawyers

Hi, i had a child support order against me that I was fulfilling through wage garnishment for several years. After approximately 10 years an audit was performed and it was found that I was underpaying that amount. Interest for the remaining pay was administered and compounded for the ten years. The Mother and I were on ok terms with agreed arrangements for visits so she cancelled the child support order since I was going to fight her for taking my child to another state without my written approval.

I continued to pay for support outside the court. Since then (5 years) , my child has been failing school and absent and tardy on many occasions. The mother can be emotionally abusive especially when she drinks and even had cps investigate. She has been challenged on the treatment and schooling of my child and as a result wants to reopen the child support order which means I would have to pay child support and a large amount of arrears. What can be done to ensure my child remains in California and I obtain custody?

Quick reply:

Browse our list of Child & family lawyers near you and resolve your issue!

Legal question "Child Custody - child support order against me in California" has been written 6 months 1 week ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of San Diego & area of law: Child & family lawyers. Latest answer commented 6 months 1 week ago.
Answering question will demonstrate your legal skills! Write answer now!

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called Child & family lawyers? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of San Diego and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"Child Custody - child support order against me in California"

Child & family lawyers San Diego

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy

San Diego advocates and law firms from our database!

© 2016