Hi, i had a child support order against me that I was fulfilling through wage garnishment for several years. After approximately 10 years an audit was performed and it was found that I was underpaying that amount. Interest for the remaining pay was administered and compounded for the ten years. The Mother and I were on ok terms with agreed arrangements for visits so she cancelled the child support order since I was going to fight her for taking my child to another state without my written approval.
I continued to pay for support outside the court. Since then (5 years) , my child has been failing school and absent and tardy on many occasions. The mother can be emotionally abusive especially when she drinks and even had cps investigate. She has been challenged on the treatment and schooling of my child and as a result wants to reopen the child support order which means I would have to pay child support and a large amount of arrears. What can be done to ensure my child remains in California and I obtain custody?
- Child Support - support_famlaw_selfhelp - California Courts
- Wage Garnishment California: California Child Support Garnishment
- General FAQS - California Department of Child Support Services
- Collecting a Child Support Order - California Courts
- How do I stop a child support wage garnishment in OC CA
- Child Support by Court Order - FindLaw
- Child Support Enforcement in California
Browse our list of Child & family lawyers near you and resolve your issue!