Skip to main content

Can I sue the person who moved the house (2000) I later bought (2007) if he did not prepare the land properly resulting in sinkholes all around the house and subsequent damage to the house?

Location: Georgia  |  Law type: Real estate attorneys

A cavernous sinkhole opened up in the backyard last week. There are both old and new sinkholes all around the house, some as close as 3 ft. from the foundation. There is cracking all the way around the foundation, and all throughout the inside of the home. I was not aware the house was moved to it's present location until after I purchased it. The seller's disclosure statement does not reveal sinkholes or that the house was moved. The seller was not the same person that had the house moved but I think he knew based on some of the details included in the disclosure. I think the sinkholes are caused by the land not being prepared properly for the house to be moved to it, and/or buried construction debris, and/or a stream being diverted that has caused erosion underneath the surface of the land and house. I have had to find another place to stay until I can figure out what to do next because I'm afraid the house may collapse. I feel the house is unsafe but I'm not sure who to call or where to start.


Legal question "Can I sue the person who moved the house (2000) I later bought (2007) if he did not prepare the land properly resulting in sinkholes all around the house and subsequent damage to the house?" has been written 2 years 5 months ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Georgia & area of law: Real estate attorneys. Latest answer commented 2 years 5 months ago.
Answering question will demonstrate your legal skills! Write answer now!

Whether you are a buying or selling a house, a flat or own any other type of property (single family house, commercial real estate),  a knowledgeable realtor attorney may help you. Do not use the Seller's Agent, there are many reasons why to hire a real estate lawyer near you. Experienced real estate agents earn high commissions, but they usually have contacts with mortgage loan brokers, inspectors and others who can make your buying process more comfortable and easier. You should hire the best rated and reviewed real estate lawyer, as these agents have a built-in conflict of interest. A real-estate lawyer should protect your legal rights and the best interests in the transaction. Ever!

  1. Property lawyers can protect our rights when we buy or sell property.
  2. Real estate attorneys know very well all of the legal documents that have to be collected and completed on time.
  3. These agents can accelerate the settlement process and save your money.

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called Real estate attorneys? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Georgia and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"Can I sue the person who moved the house (2000) I later bought (2007) if he did not prepare the land properly resulting in sinkholes all around the house and subsequent damage to the house?"

Georgia Real estate attorneys

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016