I received checks written out in my name from his business account. I also have proof he laid me some lost wages after we separated that he referred to as a severance package. He has the bank statements for our joint account and his business account. I believe he owes me about $7000 in unpaid wages however the exact amount is not known since I do not have the bank statements. I left my job in November 2014 when he proposed I move in with him and work for his business.
Our agreement was as follows:
- I would be paid $625 a week.
- He would pay for my health insurance and storage fee for my items - these checks were written from the business account.
- He would cover house hold expenses such as rent, cable, gas, electric, trash etc.
- I would cover food expenses.
A Family attorney in the United States is a lawyer who assists clients with civil legal matters, such as "child custody", "alimony", "domestic violence" or "divorce" cases. The "family law" candidate should have at least 2 years of family law experience. These experiences may include divorce proceedings as well as child custody and counseling. Browse our database of family lawyers and get a free family law consultation.
- Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships (domestic violence)
- Adoption and surrogacy
- Child abuse and child abduction (child custody, child care)
- The termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards
- Juvenile adjudication
- paternity testing and paternity fraud
- more about family law at wikipedia