Skip to main content

Can I do anything legally to have my name cleared, and be compensated for my daughter being treated differently in an elementary school by the elementary principal/

I have been teaching in the same elementary school for 19 years.  All other teachers in the district have always been given the opportunity to teach at the same grade level as their child, if not have them in class.  When my daughter was old enough the principal at the school absolutely made sure I wasn't treated the same as the other staff, and that my child would not be treated the same as the other kids of staff members.

When I asked early on to please speak with the principal about the decision, she became incredibly offended that I would even want to ask her about it or meet.  She made it clear she was going to abuse her position to try and make my life miserable at school, I have witnesses, she spread slander to other staff members that they knew wasn't accurate, they are now vocal and supportive of me seeking a lawyer.  

My daughter spent the first few years of her life in an orphanage in Uganda, Africa until I adopted her at the age of four.  All of my observations through the years have been great, I have never had any run-ins with any prior principal or administrator.  The superintendent and human resources are now actively listening to staff complaints and trying to help her with her professional decisions.

In the meantime I finally had to pull my daughter out of that school and enroll her in a private school that costs a great deal of money.  She isn't receiving the same academic rigor as she would in the public elementary school where I worked.  I truly didn't trust that the principal wouldn't take her angst that she felt for me out on my child.

Is there anything I can do about the slander she spread and the bias way she has treated my daughter and myself compared to other staff?  This year there are two teachers there who are currently teaching at the same grade level as their child.  I mentioned this to her last spring, she just shrugged and told me to try and do something about it.

Legal question "Can I do anything legally to have my name cleared, and be compensated for my daughter being treated differently in an elementary school by the elementary principal/" has been written 3 years 11 months ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Bend, Oregon & area of law: employment discrimination attorneys. Latest answer commented 3 years 11 months ago.
Latest reviews & rating
Can't believe there are no comments (answers) yet? You can be the first author. Let us know what you think and answer this question.. Write a comment

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called employment discrimination attorneys? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Bend, Oregon and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"Can I do anything legally to have my name cleared, and be compensated for my daughter being treated differently in an elementary school by the elementary principal/"

Bend employment discrimination attorneys Oregon

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016