Skip to main content

Can I accuse an ex girlfriend of scamming me for money?

I had an ex girlfriend who I was taking care of financially (not as an agreement) to help her with bills and stuff.  I recently discovered she has been in a relationship with another boyfriend while she was with me.  I have given her over 10K in money and gifts.  I believe her and the boyfriend have been scamming me for money the whole time.  Can I sue her?  Can I accuse her of scamming and possibly prostitution?  I say prostitution because every time we had sex, she'd always asked for money afterwards.  I willingly gave her money but now I realize that money was probably going to the so-called "boyfriend."  In my opinion, I think he was pimping her. 

Legal question "Can I accuse an ex girlfriend of scamming me for money?" has been written 4 years 1 month ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Maryland & area of law: general practice attorneys. Latest answer commented 4 years 1 month ago.
Latest reviews & rating
Last answer by Customer  |  Written  4 years 1 month ago
Written by Diane (review) Mon, 02/27/2017 - 20:28 The only chance to get your money back is - as you already said - to sue her for "illegal" prostitution. Well, it will be very hard. I am not specialist ... wait for…

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called general practice attorneys? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Maryland and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"Can I accuse an ex girlfriend of scamming me for money?"

general practice attorneys Maryland

Written by Diane (review)
Mon, 02/27/2017 - 20:28

The only chance to get your money back is - as you already said - to sue her for "illegal" prostitution. Well, it will be very hard. I am not specialist ... wait for more knowledgeable answer. Before you consult or hire any attorney, read some relevant information. What if you are falsely accused? Another option is to write the money off and take a good look at your situation. Good luck! 

But remember:

If you offer any money for sex...that is a crime. If someone accepts any money for sex...they are guilty of prostitution. 

Written by Anonymous (not… (review)
Mon, 02/27/2017 - 20:48

Strictly speaking, in the eyes of the law (at least in Maryland) one who accepts money for sex (how boyfriends and girlfriends implicitly enter into this transaction) is a prostitute.

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016