I am wondering if you have a joint account with a spouse and only one files bankruptcy how does that affect the debt under the bankruptcy for the other? What is the normal attorney fee for a bankruptcy? Is it paid before, after, or during the process?
Quick reply - what should you expect from your bankruptcy lawyer:
While the average bankruptcy attorney may charge between $1,100 and $1,800 for Chapter 7 bankruptcy services, the fees can vary greatly...Even so, bankruptcy fees ranging from $700 to $2700 are considered ordinary. Learn about average bankruptcy attorney fees in Chapter 7...
- Paying Your Bankruptcy Lawyer: Costs & Types of Fees | AllLaw
- What's the Average Cost Of Bankruptcy?
- What Should I Expect From My Bankruptcy Lawyer
- What you'll pay when you file for bankruptcy
- How Much Bankruptcy Costs and How to Pay for it
How to find an excellent lawyer for your case? Browse our list of Bankruptcy law attorneys near you and resolve your issue! Compare attorney fees, experience, reputation among clients, and services offered.
Would you like to find an experienced bankruptcy lawyer near me (you) quickly and for a good price? Generally, bankruptcy law can provide a timeline (arrangement) for the repayment of non-dischargeable personal (corporate) debts. The ability to repay secured debts is valid for both Individuals as well as organizations (governmental and private). Bankruptcy comes in five varieties where each offering different options "settling" with debts.
- Chapter 7: Cancelation of unsecured debts (credit cards and personal loans). Bankruptcy law in the United States has changed dramatically in 2005. Liquidation of personal debts under a Chapter 7 is the most common form of debt relief. Most of chapter 7 cases are classified as "no asset".
- Chapter 9: Reorganization of municipalities and related local entities sheet (not for Individuals and Corporations). A chapter 9 of bankruptcy law in U.S is very special. It is a form of debt reorganization (not disposal). Remember, it is only avaliable to Municipalities
- Chapter 11: This chapter Provides a lot of options to reorganize debt. There are options such as "debt cancellation", repaying some debts for Individuals, etc ...
- Chapter 12: Restructuring of debts for Family Farmers is done according to this chapter.
- Chapter 13: repayment of some debts over a period of three to five years + reduction on secured debts and their elimination.
Is it better to file for a bankruptcy under Chapter 11, Chapter 12 or Chapter 13? It depends on your case. Your first step should be finding and hiring the best and most affordable bankruptcy attorney near you. Bankruptcy proceedings in the United States are (should be) supervised by District and Bankruptcy Courts governed by the bankruptcy rules (promulgated by the Supreme Court - www.supremecourt.gov)