I would like to know the average hourly rate...or a range of total fees for an CA attorney presenting my sister for funds belonging to my deceased mother held by NYS Unclaimed funds. 2 page Will clearly states 50/50 split. I am exeutor in NYS where my mother lived with me for 6 years prior to visiting my sister in Oct. 2011. She died while still visiting my sister April 13, 2011. Since to our knowledge there was only a 10K insurance policy which we spit after my mothers death, Probate was not required at that time due to the small amount. As exeutor, I have to probate the will through a NY attorney.
The funds Held by NYS are stocks totalling roughly $125,000 we never knew she had. The 3rd party, who takes 15% as a percentage finders fee, has agreed to pay the NY probate attorney out of their 15%. So this should be quite simple, I plan to probate the will and have already contracted the Third party company to get the money from NYS and distribute it on a 50/50 basis.
- Paying a Probate Lawyer: Costs & Types of Fees | AllLaw
- How much should basic estate planning documents cost to prepare
- How to Know If Estate Attorney's Fees Are Reasonable
- Generally, you should expect to pay $150-300/hour, but rates can be higher or even lower
- 5 Ways to Save on Estate Planning Costs
- How to split up the willed family home - Bankrate.com
- How Much Does a Lawyer Cost: Everything You Need to Know
Browse our list of trusts & estate planning lawyers near you and resolve your issue!