Skip to main content

automibile title needed for 18 year old car last registered in PA

I bought a car in a dealership in Florida in 2015. And never received title. I have bill of sale as proof of purchase. I petitioned PennDot and receive the records. Previous titled to Adcock Brothers (car dealership) Lancaster PA 2007.  Hancock brothers solo through the Manheim auction in Lancaster. I've been searching for the past eight years.. My telephone number is 248-993-9358 ken skolnick .   I need to register this car and I cannot without the title. Please Help.

Your situation is indeed quite complex and understandably frustrating. You bought a car in Florida in 2015, but you never received the title. The car was previously titled to Adcock Brothers, a dealership in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, and sold through the Manheim auction. You have a bill of sale, but without a title, you are unable to register the car. This makes your vehicle legally incomplete, causing you a range of issues from potential law enforcement challenges to difficulties with insurance.

Possible Legal Solutions

The primary legal route to obtain a new title for your car is to apply for a duplicate title through the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT). You can use Form MV-38O, which is specifically designed for obtaining a duplicate title.

However, if you don't have a title to begin with, you may need to use Form MV-1, also known as an "Application for Certificate of Title." If you're unable to contact or receive assistance from the dealership, this application can act as a tool for establishing your ownership.

In cases like this, a bonded title may also be an option. A bonded title, also known as a "Certificate of Title Surety", is a document that proves a person's ownership of a motor vehicle. It can be used when the original title has been lost or was never transferred to the vehicle's current owner. To obtain a bonded title, you must purchase a surety bond equal to 1.5 times the value of the vehicle. This process can be complex, and it is often recommended to seek legal advice.

Relevant Authorities and Resources

Here are some key resources you might find helpful:

In addition to these resources, you might want to consult with a lawyer who specializes in auto title issues. They can guide you through this complicated process and help protect your legal rights.

Estimated Attorney Rates

Attorney fees for title-related issues can vary widely, depending on complexity and the length of time required. Below is an estimated table of attorney rates for this type of service in Pennsylvania:

Service Estimated Cost
Initial Consultation $100 - $300
Title Search & Document Prep $500 - $1,000
Bonded Title Application $1,000 - $2,000
Legal Representation in Court $150 - $500 per hour

These costs are just estimates and actual costs may vary. Always discuss fees with your attorney upfront.

Legal Disclaimer

This response is intended for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship. While every effort is made to ensure the information is accurate and up-to-date, due to the complexity of the law and the variability of the circumstances, this information might not apply to your specific situation. Always consult with a qualified legal professional regarding legal issues.

For more detailed guidance, please compare lawyers in your area or find the best lawyers through reliable resources.

Legal question "automibile title needed for 18 year old car last registered in PA " has been written 2 weeks 5 days ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Pennsylvania & area of law: automobile body repairing & painting. Latest answer commented 2 weeks 5 days ago.
Latest reviews & rating
Can't believe there are no comments (answers) yet? You can be the first author. Let us know what you think and answer this question.. Write a comment

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called automobile body repairing & painting? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Pennsylvania and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"automibile title needed for 18 year old car last registered in PA "

automobile body repairing & painting Pennsylvania

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

Pennsylvania advocates and law firms from our database!

© 2016