Skip to main content

Attorney grievance complaint on recent divorce case that went to trial

Location: Tallahassee  |  Law type: malpractice law attorneys

Hello - please assist me.

I recently went thru a divorce and I feel that I may need to file a grievance with the bar and/or sue for malpractice.

I consulted with an attorney and 4 months later my ex husband had him retained (conflict of interest)

My attorney left me at mediation for an hour while he went to his house to meet his electrician (and charged me)

Originally told me it'd cost $7500 - ended up costing me just under $14k

Lack of communication on numerous occasions  and I had to stay on top of him for about everything (I have emails to support)

My discovery documents were entered on the evidence sheet, however, none of my ex husbands documents were entered into evidence and they were all discussed at trial.

There was no court reporter at the final hearing.

In May 2018, there was a hearing for temporary support - which I paid for a court reporter. When I asked my attorney for the transcript, he said that I could only get a copy of it if the case went to appeals.

The original Judge retired in July 2018 and a new Judge was assigned.

The information in the divorce decree has many errors.  When I received the copy, I immediately went to his office.  When I informed him of all of the errors and false statements he replied "I know, but you're awarded alimony for life, rather than until retirement".

I asked him to explain to me why none of my ex's information was submitted into evidence and he replied to my email, however completely evaded my simple question.  He also told me that the Judge made a ruling on the spot.  That didn't happen. My trial was 3/27/19 and the judgement was signed on 6/17/19.

When I consulted with my ex's attorney, he said that I should get between $1,250-$1,500 per month.   My attorney also said about $1,500 per month.  The Mediator said $1,250-$1,500.  The original Judge awarded me 4 payments of $1,500 each and also stated to the attorneys "Boys, this is a long term marriage - make sure these numbers are fair".   My ex makes aprx $115k per year and I make aprx $50k.  Due to the false information in the final judgement, the new Judge awarded me $550 per month for life (unless I become in a supportive relationship or upon death).  I agreed to a burificaion of disolution of marriage, so that my ex could buy a house with his girlfriend 2 days after our trial hearing.

My ex went to college and earned a degree during our marriage and committed adultery on a few occasions.


I'm physically, mentally, and financially drained and I just need some advice on what to do next.

I don't know if I should consult with different attorneys here or if I should file a grievance with the Bar. 

Please help me and point me in the right direction.

Legal question "Attorney grievance complaint on recent divorce case that went to trial" has been written 10 months 2 weeks ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Tallahassee & area of law: malpractice law attorneys. Latest answer commented 10 months 2 weeks ago.
Answering question will demonstrate your legal skills! Write answer now!

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called malpractice law attorneys? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Tallahassee and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"Attorney grievance complaint on recent divorce case that went to trial"

malpractice law attorneys Tallahassee

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016