Skip to main content

Amending an irrevocable trust

Location: Lawton  |  Law type: trusts & estate planning...



I own mineral rights in Carter, Stephens, Grady, Pontotoc, and several other counties in Oklahoma.  This was all inherited from my grandmother, along with other grandchildren.  I also own a house in Lawton, OK with apartments, parts of a farm, and other real estate.  My half-brother collects my part.  The deeds were transferred to me on my mom’s death.  My brother is the trustee of my trust.  He is not giving me my money, since he took over when I was 16, and wants me to collect social security, and some of my close relatives have said that I should be receiving over at least $7,000 per month.  I am only receiving $2,000 a month and my half-brother wants me to get whatever else I need from social security.  I do not receive any statements as to where my money is going, have to guess on when my taxes are getting done, and not even know if I am going to get my Covid payments.  

     My uncle did paperwork to put my half-brother in charge of my trust.  I am now 34-years-old, and my half-brother is still in charge of my finances.  I was supposed to have taken over at 25.  My brother did another trust a few years or so ago, and if anything were to happen to him or the other brother, which is my co-trustee, one of or both of my nephews would be in charge of my assets.  I want to completely take over my own finances now and get the money from the past 18 or 19 years that my half-brother, I feel, has stolen from me.  I have some relatives who are willing to confirm what I should have been receiving.

    I have written, called, and told my brother what I want to do, and also had a different attorney who was temporarily working on my case.  I can not afford an attorney, but am willing to either pay you 10% of whatever I will receive, or set up a payment plan for you to work on my case.  I found out recently that I unfortunately only have two years to be able to claim my money and really want to get something going as soon as possible please.  My boyfriend and I want to move next year, but I really would rather he and I not have to move into another apartment while my brothers are living their care-free lives.  My boyfriend and I have had to deal with three or four floods, occasionally see roach bugs, and live by a landfill.  Please get back to me as soon as you possibly can on what I need to do to fight for what is rightfully mine.




Thank you,



Legal question "Amending an irrevocable trust " has been written 1 year 3 months ago. Demonstrate your legal skills and willingness to help and answer right now! Issue is related to the location of Lawton & area of law: trusts & estate planning.... Latest answer commented 1 year 3 months ago.
Latest reviews & rating
Can't believe there are no comments (answers) yet? You can be the first author. Let us know what you think and answer this question.. Write a comment

Respond to legal question!

Do you know the answer to a legal question that is related to the field of law called trusts & estate planning...? If you believe that you can advise the inquirer – in even the slightest way – do not hesitate and share your opinion in the comment section. This contribution concerns the location of Lawton and, therefore, it is important to post only comments that are relevant to this location. Do you have a similar or a different legal inquiry? Select the correct category, fill in all the required fields, and submit your post.
accident & property damage attorneys accountants-certified public administrative & governmental law... admiralty & maritime law attorneys adoption law attorneys adoption services attorneys antitrust law attorneys appellate practice attorneys arbitration & mediation attorneys arbitration services asbestos & chemical law attorneys automobile accident attorneys bankruptcy law attorneys bankruptcy services business litigation attorneys child custody attorneys child support collections civil litigation & trial law attorneys collection agencies collection law attorneys commercial law attorneys construction law attorneys consumer law attorneys contract law attorneys copying & duplicating service corporation & partnership law attorneys credit & debt counseling Criminal defense attorney disability services discrimination & civil rights law... divorce assistance divorce attorneys domestic violence attorneys drug charges attorneys dui & dwi attorneys employment discrimination attorneys family law attorneys federal law attorneys financial services franchise law attorneys general practice attorneys government offices immigration law attorneys insurance attorneys international law attorneys labor & employment law attorneys medical law attorneys medical malpractice attorneys paralegals patent (intellectual property) personal injury law attorneys probate (estate planning) probate law attorneys sex offense attorneys sexual harassment attorneys tax attorneys trademark & copyright law traffic law attorneys trusts & estate planning... wrongful death attorneys
Are you having trouble finding a reliable and highly-rated attorney in your area of residence? Does the endless process of browsing and comparing law firms annoy you? If so, simply skip this step and post your request (or a general legal question) in our Free Legal Advice Center. Then wait for a reply from our experienced legal advisors, consultants or even your chosen lawyers. You can inquire about anything concerning your case, as well as questions about judicial issues in your state.

Comments: answer this question

"Amending an irrevocable trust "

trusts & estate planning... Lawton

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
I agree with Terms & Privacy Policy
Enter the characters shown in the image.

© 2016