i filed for divorce in feb 2017 we went to court in august 2017 they put in order for child support but told me i was already behind a couple grand because they went back to feb. can i fight dat at all. i also recently lost my job in oct but got a new one and they were taking support out of my check but for some reason she never received the money and now she is trying to hold me in contempt of court for non payment will i b goin to jail and how do i find out what happen to my money they took out of my checks and why support wasnt paid.
A Family attorney in the United States is a lawyer who assists clients with civil legal matters, such as "child custody", "alimony", "domestic violence" or "divorce" cases. The "family law" candidate should have at least 2 years of family law experience. These experiences may include divorce proceedings as well as child custody and counseling. Browse our database of family lawyers and get a free family law consultation.
- Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships (domestic violence)
- Adoption and surrogacy
- Child abuse and child abduction (child custody, child care)
- The termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards
- Juvenile adjudication
- paternity testing and paternity fraud
- more about family law at wikipedia